Nashua panel backs study of state's largest playground
The Finance Committee voted 4-3 to recommend initiating an independent study by the Institute for Human Centered Design in Boston to review about 10 potential sites for the future Legacy Playground being organized by Leadership Greater Nashua.
When a difference of opinion exists — as it does with the playground site issue — it is common to seek out a mediator, said Alderman-at-Large Daniel Moriarty, maintaining a third-party study could provide more information to help officials make an accurate decision.
“I believe the study is a waste of taxpayer dollars,” said Brown, maintaining Leadership Greater Nashua has already done extensive research on various sites, and is offering the city a gift.
“I think they deserve a yes or no vote,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New vicar general appointed to the Diocese of New England - 0
- Dover's St. Mary Academy gears up for annual auction, ugly sweater party - 0
- Our Corner Store in Whitefield to hold bag sale - 0
- St. Pat's announces Shoot for the Stars auction - 0
- Manchester church names music director - 0
- Catholics from NH and around world watching Vatican synod - 2
- Greenfield church plans open house - 0
- Local churches open doors to Tenney parishoners - 0
- Goffstown church to hold workshop for Christian educators - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man indicted on charge he ordered murder of city man - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt. teacher - 0
- No murder charge in stabbing of Manchester man in 'Black Acres;' self-defense claimed - 0
- One suspected gunman dead, police looking for more suspects in shooting at Canadian parliament - 1
- Keene police release riot images, seek help with identification - 0
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to care for any potential NH Ebola patients, state announces - 0
- Salem mall renovations on target - 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 13
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Health costs up for Manchester