Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry
Lucien Goguen, 49, who told police he is homeless, allegedly robbed the bank at 35 Manchester Road on Tuesday morning. After allegedly committing the robbery, police said they captured him in less than 10 minutes as he walked on Scobie Pond Road.
On Tuesday, bank employees said a man entered the bank at about 11:25 a.m. and handed the teller a plastic Hannaford grocery bag and a note inside instructing the teller to put money into the bag, according to police.
After the teller complied, the man took the bag containing an undetermined amount of cash and fled from the bank on foot. He was last seen walking away from the bank and heading west, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said.
When questioned, Goguen denied ever being at TD Bank, police said. But after being shown some surveillance photos of the bank robbery that matched Goguen, he confessed to the crime, the affidavit said.
Goguen also allegedly admitted that he had disposed of his clothing and the money in nearby woods and that he wanted a lawyer, the affidavit said.
Following a K-9 search, miscellaneous clothing and a plastic Hannaford bag with money inside was found within approximately 20 feet of the clothing, the affidavit said.
Bail was set at $10,000 cash or surety.
Goguen is next scheduled to appear in court on May 6 for a probable cause hearing, according to court officials. The hearing is scheduled to start at 12:45 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483