Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police say drunk Nashua man shot himself in leg
NASHUA — Police say an intoxicated man shot himself in the leg early Saturday morning while inside his Oak Hill Lane apartment.
Police were called at 2:55 a.m. to St. James Place for a report of a disorderly group. When they arrived, they found Peter Powers, 23, of 4 Oak Hill Lane, suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the leg. He was taken to a hospital where he was treated and later released.
Detectives learned Powers was intoxicated and in possession of a firearm when he accidentally shot himself in the leg inside his apartment. Police said another man was inside the apartment at the time of the accidental shooting. He was not injured.
Powers was arrested and charged with reckless conduct, a class B felony punishable by up to seven years in prison.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917