Instead of Londonderry, new charter school settles on Manchester location
The school initially targeted Londonderry, but couldn't find a suitable site. It identified a building at 5 Perimeter Road that The Founders Academy Foundation, which wrote the school's charter, is buying for $1.5 million, he said.
"If I have 101 applications, I have to have a lottery, but 100 will get in," he said.
At close to 60,000 square feet, the Manchester location will accommodate up to 650 students, which is the cap for the school's charter. The school hopes to grow by 100 students a year.
There were 2,097 students enrolled in public charter schools as of last October.
Charter schools receive state adequacy funds to help run their schools: $3,749.15 per kindergartner and $5,490.80 per student in grades one through 12.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
A new era for Nashua's police force
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'