Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
Woman’s complaint about Anthem's 'narrow network' to be heard
The patient, Margaret McCarthy, said that Anthem’s provider network for plans sold on the federally operated New Hampshire Health Insurance Marketplace can’t be considered adequate unless Frisbie is allowed to join.
Senatorial candidate Scott Brown on April 16 released a letter he wrote to Sevigny, urging an expedited hearing.
On April 24, Republican gubernatorial candidate Walt Havenstein called on Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan to move the matter forward.
First District U.S. Rep. Carol Shea-Porter has also been pushing for the hearing.
“I’m pleased that Margaret McCarthy and the Frisbie Hospital community will be able to address Anthem’s narrow network in an adjudicative hearing,” she said. “Consumers must have their voices heard.”
“She appreciates that the Insurance Department has moved forward with the process for adjudicatory hearings as outlined in law in order to ensure that all parties are treated fairly,” wrote William Hinkle in an email.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
- St. George Greek Orthodox pastor heads west - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return