Gov. Hassan to pick NH's Preston's song if he makes American Idol top 3
“As we are coming down to our last few finalists, we are reaching out to each of the contestants’ hometowns for a bit of input into their upcoming song choice,” Danielle Stankard, associate producer of “American Idol,” wrote in an email to Hassan’s press secretary. “As a representative for New Hampshire, we would love Governor Margaret Wood Hassan to represent the state and pick between the two songs.”
“Feel free to poll the office, family, friends and fans to help make the decision,” wrote Stankard.
As of noon on Sunday, the poll had about 520 votes for “Story of my Life,” or about 77 percent, while “A Team” garnered 160 votes, or about 23 percent.
The polling will end at noon today, so New Hampshire residents are being encouraged to take a minute to make their voices heard. Hassan has until 3 p.m. today to submit her decision to producers of the show.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.