Home » News » Politics » State Government
House OKs plan for cameras to identify toll evaders
The plan is designed to address the growing problem of people telling toll attendants they do not have any cash to pay the toll. They are given a slip of paper to pay the toll, but many never do.
Under the bill, cameras in the cash only lanes at the tollbooth will take a picture of the vehicle’s license plate, which will be destroyed in three seconds if the driver pays the toll.
All tollbooth lanes are equipped with cameras but state law currently forbids using the cameras at cash-only lanes.
Pot provisions rejected
The House rejected an attempt to add provisions of bills decriminalizing marijuana and allowing patients qualifying for the state’s new medical marijuana to a Senate bill.
Rep. Joel Winters, D-Manchester, proposed adding the provisions to Senate Bill 327, which would extend the deadline for the economic revitalization zone tax credits program from July 1, 2015, to July 1, 2020.
But opponents warned the Senate will let the bill die and add the provisions of SB 327 to another bill.
The House refused to add the amendment on a 245-99 vote, before passing the bill on a 314-30 vote.
Energy bill tabled
The House decided a bill directing the Site Evaluation Committee to begin the rule making process for new guidelines for energy facility applications.
The bill is likely dead for this session.
The House approved Senate Bill 246 allowing law enforcement to charge anyone driving over 100 miles an hour with reckless driving. Some charged with three counts of reckless driving would have his or her license suspended.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change