Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Nothing Goofy about a kick in the seat
That would be the little toy car, one from the “Cars” movie, that three-year-old Mike picked out at one of the Epcot stores and, I was told, promptly dropped down a mouse-shaped drain.
“Mike, tell PopPop what happened to your new car.”
Did I mention that Mike is three?
Cut to the scene of “PopPop” and the lady of the house schlepping back to the Epcot store that evening for a replacement vehicle.
His grandmom pulled out the credit card and made the purchase. Within two seconds, Mike announced, “I don’t like this one,” took it off, and put on his old, but stylish, Spiderman chapeau.
His parents thoughtfully suggested that “PopPop” sit in the middle row of seats. I thought it was so I could sleep.
Write to Joe McQuaid at Publisher@Union Leader.com or on Twitter at@Deucecrew
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: My favorite things from one week this summer - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: Sometimes, we have too much on our plates - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Chickens come home to roost with lucky German golfers - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: History has a way of repeating itself, and we are doing that with a second 'Memories' book - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Those who do so much good for NH often go unnoticed and unrecognized - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Getting it right with kids, the comics and the rest of the paper - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Marmaduke's back — and so's Seinfeld - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Nothing Goofy about a kick in the seat - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee