Home » News » Public Safety
Two airlifted following early morning Hooksett crash
The crash occurred at 5:22 a.m. on Hooksett Road, just north of College Park Drive.
Police said Ryan Dawson, 31, of Chichester, was airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital and 70-year-old John Wayne Beard of Little Rock, Ark. was transported by helicopter to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston after Dawson's black Saab reportedly crossed into the other lane and struck Beard's Chevy HHR.
Police are awaiting an update on the status of all three people.
Traffic was detoured onto University Circle while emergency personnel attended to the scene and police investigated the crash. The State Police technical accident reconstruction unit assisted.
Hooksett Road was reopened at 10 a.m. The crash remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed - 3
- Police say Londonderry investigation related to Maine home invasion is ongoing - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Two charged in thefts from parked cars in Manchester - 0
- Hudson man arrested in Nashua check-cashing scheme - 1
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Felony drug charge for Rochester man in crack cocaine case - 0
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules