Wilton welcomes public to tour fire station addition
An open house and waffle breakfast was held to showcase the fire station addition, the equipment and improved safety features. A steady stream of visitors toured the facility, which was completed recently.
The $1.6 million project is a little under-budget with a few minor details to finish. “I would like to thank the town people for trusting us for putting this structure in place and spending their money wisely and keeping everyone happy and safe,” said Dick.
Cutler said the decontamination room has a shower and a washer and dryer specifically designed to wash fire gear. “If there are problems and the guys come back from a fire they can rinse things off and the gear goes right into the washer and dryer. The washer spins so fast, you think it’s going to take off. It usually comes out 90 percent dry and after that it goes in a little dryer. In two hours we have a clean set of gear.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection