Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Former Dover official indicted for sexual assault, criminal threatening
Michael Weeden, 31, of 365 Sixth St., was charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault and criminal threatening after he allegedly pointed a firearm at her head.
According to the indictments, which the grand jury handed up May 15, Weeden allegedly threatened to “shoot her and then kill himself” during an incident that occurred between Feb. 1 and 29 of 2012.
Weeden allegedly sexually assaulted the woman between March 1 and 31 of 2012, according to the indictments.
After being elected as the Ward 6 representative on the city council in 2011, Jason Gagnon defeated Weeden 414-339 in November of 2013. Weeden also served in the N.H. House of Representatives from 2010 to 2012.
On Dec. 2, 2013, Weeden was involved in a fatal accident. His 2012 Chrysler 300 collided head-on with a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo driven by Martin J. Carignan, 87, of 22 Tates Brook Road, Somersworth - near Weeden's Sixth Street home. Carignan was pronounced dead at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass., the next day.
Police previously said Weeden was attempting to buckle his seat belt when his vehicle veered into the oncoming lane. Following an investigation, the county attorney's office determined the accident did not require criminal charges to be filed.
Weeden is to be arraigned May 29 at 9 a.m. in Strafford County Superior Court
Aggravated felonious sexual assault is a special felony and criminal threatening is a Class A felony, both of which could result in 10 to 20 years in prison and a $4,000 fine.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 1
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483