Manchester resident to participate in Kids’ Cancer Buzz-Off at Gillette Stadium
Manchester resident Susan Castle will be among the 1,000 people shaving their heads in the fifth annual Kids’ Cancer Buzz-Off at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass., next month.
New England tight end Rob Gronkowski once again will buzz his head at the fundraiser sponsored by One Mission, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing support for children and families touched by pediatric cancer.
“I’m hyped to buzz my dome for the fourth year in a row with One Mission,” said Gronkowski. “The Kid’s Cancer Buzz-Off is an inspiring day where everyone stands together and fights the battle against cancer. Gronk Nation always comes up big for One Mission, and I know this year will be no different. Be a hero. Make a difference. Get involved. The time is now!”
The event will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 8, at Gillette Stadium.
To find out more about Susan’s fundraising efforts or to make a donation, please visit: http://my.e2rm.com/PersonalPage.aspx?registrationID=2283772&langPref=en-CA&Referrer=http%3a%2f%2fwww.onemission.org%2findex.html%20.
The Kid’s Cancer Buzz-Off is One Mission’s largest annual fundraising event, having raised nearly $2 million for pediatric cancer patients and their families. Proceeds from the Kid’s Cancer Buzz-Off benefit Boston’s Children’s Hospital, The Jimmy Fund at Dana-Farber, and The Family Reach Foundation.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.