Speller just one point shy of semifinals
Kalpande, 12, managed to accurately spell all of her words in the second and third preliminary rounds on Wednesday, but struggled slightly with the vocabulary component of the tournament.
The sixth-grader from Infant Jesus School in Nashua collected a combined 27 points from the preliminary spelling and vocabulary rounds on Wednesday.
“She is happy,” echoed her father.
The semifinals of the spelling bee tournament will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, and are being aired live on ESPN2. The championship finals will begin at 8 p.m. on ESPN.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'