Home » News » Public Safety
Alvirne High School student arrested for alleged 'hit list'
Police responded to the Hudson high school shortly before 11 a.m. Wednesday morning, after school officials and the Hudson Police received reports that the male student, whose name wasn't released, had threatened several of his classmates.
Police Captain William Avery said police have contacted all of the students named on the apparent hit list, as well as their parents.
“They are all aware of the situation,” Avery said.
The student in custody, who was charged with one count of criminal threatening, will be arraigned Thursday afternoon, according to Avery, who noted that additional charges may be forthcoming. He also will face disciplinary action from the school district.
Hudson Police declined to release further information at this time citing the ongoing nature of the criminal investigation.
A call made to Hudson School Superintendent Bryan Lane wasn't immediately returned Thursday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 1
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 2
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 3
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.