Keene author aims to help teachers with Common Core
Peterborough author Alfred Struthers answers questions about his new book, "The Case of Secrets," from St. Joseph Regional School sixth-graders in Keene. Meghan Pierce
It was a page-turner for the students, St. Joseph literature teacher Chris Smith said, adding that he had trouble keeping the students from reading ahead.
He also enjoyed how Nathan and Gina bickered in the book.
"I normally teach classics," Smith said, "This, while being obviously extremely contemporary, read like a classic to me because there wasn't much technology discussed in the book. It was an old-style mystery about an old time period so I was able to enjoy it because it read like a classic, an old American history classic."
Smith's students used the book as inspiration to do research on Keene architecture and the history of their own school building.
Greenfield train expert Dale Russell is helping Struthers do research for that book, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 29
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 30
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters