Home » News » Public Safety
Grandmother killed when golf cart driven by 5-year-old grandson crashes into porch
Sherry Isabelle of 34 Gifford Drive was riding in a small golf cart with her 5-year-old grandson at the wheel when the cart smashed into her house’s porch.
A third person in the small powered cart was not injured, he said.
Isabelle likely died in the crash, Hutchinson said. The child suffered minor facial injuries.
Police and rescue crews were called to Isabelle’s home at 3:42 p.m. Isabelle’s body was pulled from beneath the porch by rescue crews and neighbors; CPR was performed. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
“I really feel for the family, particularly the young grandson,” he said.
No charges are expected to be filed, police said.
According to her Facebook page, Isabelle went to Winnisquam Regional High School and was a member of the Tilton Northfield United Methodist Church.
“The Northfield Police Department would also like to ask all to take proper safety precautions when operating recreational vehicles, to include golf carts,” police said in a news release.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem