Home » News » Public Safety
Police investigate deadly crash in Alton
The crash happened at 9:08 p.m.
Monday morning police had yet to release the name of the individual who died, or any of the others who were injured.
According to a preliminary police investigation, a driver of a pickup truck heading east on Henry Wilson Highway tried to pass several vehicles and hit another pickup- truck head on that was traveling west on the highway.
Two people in one of the trucks sustained serious, but not life-threatening injuries. They were taken by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
An individual in the other pickup truck died at the scene, while the other occupant was taken to Frisbee Memorial Hospital in Rochester for treatment of serious, but not life-threatening injuries.
The New Hampshire State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit also responded and assisted with the investigation which is ongoing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health