Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Recorded phone call, text messages reveal details of pair's relationship
“We are a couple who can find a way — we are the aberration,” Mazzaglia said. “We may have to set some records here, but we are the aberration.”
According to testimony, she died after a game of strip poker in the Dover apartment that Mazzaglia and McDonough shared.
McDonough said Marriott had declined to participate in any sexual activities with her or Mazzaglia, and that after Mazzaglia choked Marriott, he raped her limp body for several minutes while fondling and insulting her.
Two brief text messages also played a significant role in Tuesday’s testimony.
Barth was referring to McDonough’s sworn statements to a grand jury in February 2013.
“It was code to do something,” McDonough said, who has testified that Mazzaglia wanted to engage in sexual activities with Marriott that night. “(Sexual assault) could have been a possibility ... (it was) a code to get things moving in the direction we wanted them to move.”
“Other details of that night are hard for me to remember, because all I can remember are what it was like for him to strangle her right next to me,” she said, her voice trembling and rising in volume. “This is when it’s really being told. This is when everyone finds out — this is when her family is finding out.”
“Do you cry without tears, Ms. McDonough?” he asked, before resuming his questioning.
Barth asked if McDonough didn’t mention the exchange to the grand jury because it was “inconsequential.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- Police say family of five found shot dead in Saco, Maine home - 0
- New Boston police arrest 29 teens at house party - 3
- Pembroke man charged with reckless driving after police clock motorcyclists at 120 mph - 4
- Rochester police warn residents about rash of vehicle break-ins - 0
- Keene mother of toddler pleads to interference of custody - 0
- Pembroke man arrested after police clock group of motorcycles topping 120 mph in Manchester - 1
- Keene woman pleads guilty in hit-and-run that killed cyclist - 2
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 6
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 2
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 5
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 3
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917