Another View - Scott Brown: We can make energy affordable for NH families
I took my plan on the road and talked to motorists at gas stations, business owners and homeowners around the state, and everyone is looking for relief.
She wants to focus almost solely on renewable energy and discourage people from using carbon-based fuels like the gas we put in our cars and the fuel we use to heat our homes. In order to do that, she wants to artificially raise the price of carbon.
Sen. Shaheen’s energy tax would have a disastrous effect on our economy and cause rate increases that hurt families and small businesses alike.
No one knows how much it’s going to ultimately cost, but it looks like another case of all pain, no gain. My plan outlines a strict cost-benefit analysis for this type of out-of-touch rule making so we can better understand the real-world economic consequences of all the red tape and new taxes streaming out of Washington.
By focusing on a true all-of-the-above energy plan that increases our domestic production and reins in the Washington bureaucrats, we can make energy more affordable, create new good-paying jobs, and improve our state and our nation’s economy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Amnesty? Garcia is against it - 84
- Newt's silence: Hemingway's missing endorsement - 7
- Who scares Shaheen? She wants to stop Scott Brown - 2
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 8
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 1
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 76
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 3
- Wheeler in Dist. 5: A GOP fighter for the little guy - 4
- GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations