Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time
3rd of July fireworks
Friday is Fourth of July, but in Manchester we like to get the party started early. The city’s Independence Day Celebration will take place at Arms Park this Thursday beginning at 7:30 p.m. with entertainment provided by the 39th Army Band. The fireworks will begin around 9:30 p.m. NewHampshire.com has a full list of fireworks and other Independence Day celebrations happening around the state. Click on the “Fireworks” link at the upper left hand of the page.
I know, I know. It is not even July 4 and I am already talking back-to-school. But the summer does fly by, and preparations to collect school supplies for our neighbors in need have already begun.
If you are interested in volunteering at One Day of Community, or if you have a local business that would like to participate, please visit outreachatmcc.com.
Summer concerts are back in Veterans Park on Thursdays beginning July 10. The free, family-friendly shows are held every Thursday, from 7 to 9:30 p.m., through Aug. 7. Each night brings a different genre of music, as well as raffles, giveaways and other fun activities.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
Be entertained and stay cool with The Majestic Theatre’s performance of “The Foreigner” this Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. inside the Manchester Community Music School’s air-conditioned Holy Cross Hall.
“Foreigner,” is directed by Kevin Barrett of Concord and stars Tim Benner of Hooksett, Chad Boutin of Manchester, Elizabeth Leach of Manchester, Sean Racine of Manchester, Daniel Scheys of Manchester, Gary Trahan of Manchester and Barbara Webb of Plymouth.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- After hand injury, Manchester spa owner didn't think she would ever be able to work again - 0
- Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it