Home » News » Public Safety
Overturned tractor trailor blocks traffic
According to New Hampshire State Police, the accident occurred around 2:30 p.m. on the Exit 3 on-ramp, which splits access points to 101 East and 101 West.
Police said a 2006 Kenworth T300 dump truck registered to LH White and Son Inc. of Bow was hauling a 2002 flat bed trailer registered to the same company. As the truck's driver, 64-year-old Jay West of Chester, was accessing the highway via the on-ramp the trailer unit, which was carrying an excavator, rolled over. Police said the truck may have been moving too fast to negotiate the curvature of the ramp, though the investigation is ongoing.
West was uninjured, but the scene required an extensive cleanup and removal operation, which police saidwas conducted by Alan's Diesel and Truck Center of Lee. The Exit 3 on-ramps had to be shut down for about an hour as the trailer and excavator were righted and removed.
Candia Police and the New Hampshire Department of Transportation assisted State Police. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Trooper Kevin Devlin at 223-8490 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body of woman found under Claremont bridge - 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- UPDATED: Nashua man accused of beating girlfriend - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation