Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope
Her daughter, Abigail, 15, disappeared on Oct. 9. Wednesday marked nine months since Abigail’s last sighting as she walked in the direction of her home from Kennett High School, where she was a freshman.
Law enforcement, who report no new leads in the case, have expressed great worry about Abigail’s whereabouts. They haven’t disclosed the details of a letter from Abigail to her mother a few weeks after her disappearance, but have said they fear she is being detained against her will.
“We are not giving up hope. Abby always stayed in touch and didn’t want us to worry. We pray that we see her again,” Zenya Hernandez said.
“Hope waxes and wanes, and sometimes it’s almost gone, and sometimes, we have surges of hope. Before my birthday, I had a surge of hope, but then, it died off. We are not giving up. We just want to see Abby again.”
“Day 275. Today marks 9 months since Abby vanished from North Conway, N.H. Last seen leaving Kennett High School on foot. Abby is 5-foot-4, 118 pounds, long brown hair and brown eyes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 5
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's