Home » News » Public Safety
Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer
Deputy Fire Chief Karl P. Gerhard said the accident happened just before 9:30 p.m. on the southbound side of the highway.
"Scene safety due to passing motorists was extremely challenging due to the multiple lanes affected by this incident due to rescue operations, debris, and traffic," Gerhard said in a news release. "Additionally, the electrical storm and associated heavy rain at the time of the incident compounded the traffic hazard."
Two people were taken to St. Josephs Hospital with "potentially serious injuries," according to the news release. Firefighters used the Jaws of Life to free the driver of the vehicle.
The driver of the tractor trailer was not injured.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 0
- Police say party near Keene State got out of control, became 'mass casualty incident' - 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 2
- More violence at Keene - 3
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
- Fire at Swanzey dog kennels destroys barn - 0
- No arrests in incident that brought out Manchester SWAT, locked down Central High School - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
- State association honors broadcasters - 0
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 0
- Fight leads to stabbing in Plymouth - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy