Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Defense for lawyer accused of sexual assault plans to question victim's veracity
Lawrence Buswell, 53, of Kingston appears in Rockingham County Superior Court Monday where he faces charges of felonious sexual assault. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
“His credibility is the issue in the case,” Soldati said during the hearing in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Judge N. William Delker agreed with defense lawyers that they can call multiple witnesses to testify about the boy’s veracity over objections made by prosecutors at Monday’s hearing.
The alleged sex assault occurred while the boat was stationed off a cove on the east side of an island, according to court documents. Police learned about the alleged assault last Aug. 10, 2012 when the boy’s father contacted Kingston police.
This week’s trial is the second criminal case pending against Buswell in superior court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483