Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
UPDATED: Former church counselor arrested for sexual assault
NASHUA — A former church camp counselor is accused of sexually molesting a boy he met at the Windsor Hills Camp and Retreat Center.
David Johansen, 26, of Carver, Mass., was arrested on Wednesday and charged with one count of aggravated felonious sexual assault and two counts of felonious sexual assault for an alleged incident that took place in August 2012 at a Nashua residence.
The boy, who was 15-years-old at the time, confided in a parent about the alleged assault earlier this year and reported the incident to authorities a short time later.
The boy, now 17, told police that he met Johansen through his church summer camp where Johansen had volunteered as a counselor, and that they had known each other for several years, according to court documents at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
In August 2012, Johansen contacted the boy and asked if he could stay at his home in Nashua for a night before driving to Cape Cod the following morning. The victim’s parents had reluctantly agreed, and Johansen slept on the floor that night, according to court records.
The victim told police that he was awakened in the middle of the night when Johansen, who was 24 at the time, allegedly sexually assaulted him in his bed. That same night, Johansen allegedly video-chatted with boys on the computer through a social network site while getting them to masturbate, according to a police affidavit filed by Officer Patrick Hannon of the Nashua Police Department.
The victim told police “that the assault had taken a piece of him away, and that he was trying to get that back.”
Following the alleged rape, Johansen contacted the victim several times a month, but the boy did not reply, according to court documents.
Nashua police, along with authorities from Massachusetts, questioned Johansen about the alleged assault earlier this month. During a police interview, Johansen admitted to having sex with the victim, according to court documents.
“Johansen felt that the sex was consensual, and that it happened at (the victim’s) residence,” states the police affidavit. “Johansen acknowledged that what he did was wrong because of (the boy’s) age, and that he did tell (the boy) not to tell anyone.”
Johansen was arrested Wednesday and arraigned Thursday at the Nashua court where bail was set at $50,000 cash or surety. He has been ordered to have no unsupervised contact with anyone under the age of 16, and no contact with the victim or his family.
Johansen will be back in court on Aug. 20 for a probable cause hearing.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483