John Duff is co-owner of NH School of Mechanical Trades, which won the Veteran Owned Business Award during the U.S. Small Business Administration's New Hampsire Small Business Awards held at the Manchester Country Club in Bedford on Tuesday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
Matt Reiners, left, and Jacob Reisch, owners of Eversound and Headphone Events, which won the Young Entrepreneurs for NH and New England during the U.S. Small Business Administration's New Hampsire Small Business Awards held at the Manchester Country Club in Bedford on Tuesday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
BEDFORD — The U.S. Small Business Administration and the New Hampshire Bankers Association recognized its 2016 New Hampshire Small Business Award winners at a reception Tuesday at the Manchester Country Club.
Elie El-Chalfoun, owner of Mega-X, a gas station and convenience store business with six locations, was honored as New Hampshire’s Small Business Person of the Year.
Other award winners recognized Tuesday were:
• Young Entrepreneurs of the Year: Jake Reisch and Matt Reiners, Headphone Events LLC, Manchester.
• Exporter of the Year: Bruce Steinberg Relyco Sales Inc., Dover.
• Woman Owned Small Business of the Year: Heather M. Curtis-Tenney, Curtis Quality Care LLC, Wolfeboro.
• Jeffrey Butland Family Owned Business: John Belletete and Michael Shea, Belletete’s Inc., Jaffrey.
• Veteran Owned Business of the Year: Dean Millard and John Duff, New Hampshire School of Mechanical Trades Inc., Manchester.
• Region 1 Subcontractor of the Year: John J. Dignam: Mentis Sciences Inc., Manchester.
• Financial Services Champion of the Year: Chuck Withee, The Provident Bank.
• Small Business Champions of the Year: Lisa J. Allison, Seacoast SCORE of Portsmouth, Dick Clough, Merrimack Valley SCORE of Manchester.
• Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence: Supplier Diversity Team: Lici Deng, Debra Rotkiewicz, Karen Raymond and Monica St. Julien, BAE Systems, Nashua.