June 29. 2017 9:07PM

Police investigate report of sexual assault of student at St. Paul's School


 

CONCORD — Police are investigating a report of a sexual assault of a student at St. Paul’s School.

Police responded to the school late on the night of June 1 and responded to Concord Hospital, where a female student was being examined after telling school officials she had been assaulted by another student two weeks before on the St. Paul’s campus, police Lt. Sean Ford said Thursday.

Ford said police received calls from both the hospital and the school notifying them of the report.

No charges have been filed and the investigation remains open, Ford said. Because at least one of the students is a minor, Ford said he could not comment further.

Messages left seeking comment from St. Paul’s were not immediately returned.

The call to police came less than two weeks after St. Paul’s announced the findings from an investigation the school commissioned to look into allegations of faculty and staff committing sexual misconduct with students.

The investigation substantiated 13 cases and school officials publicly apologized May 22, the day St. Paul’s released the report and findings made by the Boston law firm hired to conduct the investigation.

The report police are currently investigating involved two students.

The college preparatory school and other private secondary schools have made national news recently with reports of sexual assaults and misconduct happening on there campuses.

Almost two years ago, former St. Paul’s student Owen Labrie was convicted of sexually assaulting a freshman at the school while he was a senior in 2014. Labrie has an appeal pending in the New Hampshire Supreme Court.