May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police: Phony officer pulled over bicyclist
PELHAM - A Pelham man faces a slew of charges after police say he drove an SUV fitted with grill strobe lights and pulled over at least one person riding a bicycle.
Timothy Rutherford, 25, is charged with impersonating a police officer, false imprisonment and operating a vehicle with blue lights restricted to law enforcement.
Rutherford was driving the dark-colored SUV near Old Bridge Street in Pelham Wednesday about 11:50 a.m., when he allegedly pulled up behind a bicyclist and turned on the strobe lights in the vehicle's grill, according to Pelham police.
Police said he ordered the bicyclist to lie on the ground with his arms at his side, which he did. As the victim was lying on the street, Rutherford allegedly drove away without approaching him.
The bicyclist reported the incident to police and officers found a vehicle matching his description driving north on Bridge Street. Rutherford was the driver of that SUV, police said.
Rutherford's vehicle was impounded pending a search warrant and he is being held at the Pelham Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 9
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 3
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 6
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 14
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424