Home » News » Public Safety
Dead shark found in Milton
Someone has a big fish tale to tell.
A dead six- to eight-foot blue shark was found in the woods of Milton — more than a 30-mile drive from the Atlantic Ocean, according to police.
“This is the first shark we've had in town,” Milton police Lt. Richard Krauss said Saturday night.
A neighbor “could smell the rotting animal” on Teneriffe Road Thursday night, Krauss said.
“We don't have any clue why someone would catch a shark and go through all that work to waste it and dump it in the woods,” he said. Police believe someone dragged the shark into the woods.
A person would need at least a saltwater fish license in New Hampshire, he said.
Authorities aren't removing the animal, with Krauss noting that bears and other wildlife like to prowl the area.
“We're just letting nature take its course,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 0
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
- Fire destroys Hanover home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 2
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 0
- Police accuse man of trying to sell guitars, amps taken in Manchester burglary - 0
- Mother and child startled by late-night intruder in their Manchester living room - 0
- Hollis police use stun gun on man described as unruly - 0
- Boston marks anniversary of bombing with somber ceremonies - 0
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers