Home » Opinion » Editorials
A Kerry-Obama scam: Another Obamacare fleecing
Here is yet another in the never-ending list of surprises to emerge from Obamacare: It skews Medicare hospital reimbursements in favor of Massachusetts hospitals and in disfavor of most other states, The Boston Globe and the Associated Press reported last week.
It was disclosed only last week that Sen. John Kerry inserted a provision into Obamacare that changed Medicare reimbursements for hospital pay. Nantucket Cottage Hospital has higher than average pay because it’s a critical access care hospital on the island of Nantucket. Under Kerry’s provision, Medicare must use the Nantucket Cottage Hospital’s pay scale when reimbursing all Massachusetts hospitals for employee pay. The Globe reported that Massachusetts hospitals will rake in an extra $275 million a year from the change.
But here’s the catch. Obamacare required no net increase in those reimbursement payments. So to give Massachusetts that extra $275 million a year, it had to be taken from hospitals in other states. According to the AP, seven states (including New Hampshire) will see higher payments, but every other state will lose money.
It is a massive wealth transfer from the rest of the country to those seven states, just so Sen. Kerry can grease the palms of his state’s hospital executives.
It is no wonder that President Obama doesn’t want people to know the details of his policies (see editorial above) or that Sen. Kerry, as he said last Friday on MSNBC, doesn’t want the media to air the opinions of Tea Partiers and others who disagree with him.
The more ignorant Obama and Kerry can keep you, the better their political fortunes.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hassan’s falsehoods: Does she even care about the truth? - 20
- Tax credit math: Who owns your money? - 10
- Voter restrictions: Who will govern us? - 26
- School board papers: Beaudry gets left behind - 1
- Data overreach Are programs really justified? The weak case for PRISM. - 12
- A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely - 8
- Border security? Maybe, some day, perhaps. Or not - 35
- Priority profs: University system tops HHS - 5
- Recognizing father: Not PC, but still OK - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 29
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
House and Senate reach budget accord
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off