Home » Opinion » Editorials
A Kerry-Obama scam: Another Obamacare fleecing
Here is yet another in the never-ending list of surprises to emerge from Obamacare: It skews Medicare hospital reimbursements in favor of Massachusetts hospitals and in disfavor of most other states, The Boston Globe and the Associated Press reported last week.
It was disclosed only last week that Sen. John Kerry inserted a provision into Obamacare that changed Medicare reimbursements for hospital pay. Nantucket Cottage Hospital has higher than average pay because it’s a critical access care hospital on the island of Nantucket. Under Kerry’s provision, Medicare must use the Nantucket Cottage Hospital’s pay scale when reimbursing all Massachusetts hospitals for employee pay. The Globe reported that Massachusetts hospitals will rake in an extra $275 million a year from the change.
But here’s the catch. Obamacare required no net increase in those reimbursement payments. So to give Massachusetts that extra $275 million a year, it had to be taken from hospitals in other states. According to the AP, seven states (including New Hampshire) will see higher payments, but every other state will lose money.
It is a massive wealth transfer from the rest of the country to those seven states, just so Sen. Kerry can grease the palms of his state’s hospital executives.
It is no wonder that President Obama doesn’t want people to know the details of his policies (see editorial above) or that Sen. Kerry, as he said last Friday on MSNBC, doesn’t want the media to air the opinions of Tea Partiers and others who disagree with him.
The more ignorant Obama and Kerry can keep you, the better their political fortunes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie to the rescue - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 0
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
- Reams probe includes complaints from female employees - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed