Rick Perry to attend NH house party this Saturday
Texas Gov. Rick Perry will attend a house party at the home of Rep. Pamela Tucker, R-Greenland, this Saturday, Aug. 13, and 5 p.m., I confirmed this morning.
Tucker was part of a group of Granite Staters who went to Texas on Aug. 4th to encourage Gov. Perry to run for President. During the visit, they invited him to come to New Hampshire. Tucker received word today that he will come on Saturday, and she is hosting the house party for him.
"We will be hosting a gathering of Republicans he can meet," she said. "It will be at 5:30 Saturday evening."
Tucker said the event is a direct result of the group's trip to Texas last week.
"We all invited him up, and he accepted. I have the room to host enough people, and we have the time to do it, so we're having it at my place."
Tucker remains uncommitted in the Republican primary.
"I haven't officially endorsed anybody," she said.
What will Perry talk about?
"I think he's gonna come up and talk to the voters about his record of job creation down there and get a feel for what the voters of New Hampshire are looking for in a candidate," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bishop Libasci declares Holy Family Academy a Catholic school - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Clergy to take Ash Wednesday to the streets today in Concord - 0
- Roman Catholic Bishop Libasci offers his message for Lent - 0
- ‘Son of God’ attracting the faithful and movie-lovers in NH - 0
- Seacoast churches offer program introducing Episcopal faith - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News Briefs - 0
- New Cardinal Gerald Lacroix thanks his mom and dad - 2
- NH family cheers newly installed Cardinal Lacroix - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 1
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 4
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'