Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama’s bus tour: Your tax dollars at work
President Obama ends a three-day bus tour of the Midwest today. In yet another example of his incontinent spending, you paid for it.
The White House insisted that the tour was official presidential business, not political campaigning. Therefore, the taxpayers funded it and the $1.1 million bus that took the President to all of his stops.
What did he do at these stops? He gave political speeches that were hard to distinguish from his campaign fund-raising speeches. He criticized Republicans incessantly, blamed the debt downgrade on them and accused them of putting their party before their country. Then, he worked the rope lines and kissed babies. No, not a campaign trip at all.
As former White House Press Secretary Ari Fleisher noted, President George W. Bush made campaign bus tours, too. Only, he paid for his.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Voter restrictions: Who will govern us? - 26
- School board papers: Beaudry gets left behind - 1
- Data overreach Are programs really justified? The weak case for PRISM. - 11
- A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely - 8
- Border security? Maybe, some day, perhaps. Or not - 35
- Priority profs: University system tops HHS - 5
- Recognizing father: Not PC, but still OK - 1
- Closing Hanover St.: Not a 'free market' move - 6
- Step into the past: Discover old NH this weekend - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 8
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 5
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?