Route 302 through Crawford Notch reopens
LINCOLN - Governor John Lynch announced Friday that Route 302 through Crawford Notch is open for traffic as of 3 p.m.
The major east-west highway in the White Mountains had been closed since Tropical Storm Irene came through, causing multiple washouts in the road and damaging the bridge over the Sawyer River in Hart's Location. As NH DOT and private companies repaired the roads, a bridge maintenance crew put in a temporary bridge across the river.
Lynch made the announcement at the Loon Pedestrian Bridge in Lincoln, where he cut the ribbon to open the 2011 NH Highland Games at Loon Mountain Resort. The governor and state officials then took a ride over the Kancamagus Highway, which reopened earlier this week after being closed for repairs in the wake of Irene flooding.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
- Latest storm will make it a short day for many students - 3
- Here we go again... Fast-moving storm headed to Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 2
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Hooksett vetos Pinkerton schools deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'