Ron Paul wishes we didn't worry about the primary calendar
I spoke with Ron Paul late yesterday afternoon. In the conversation, I asked him about the effort among New Hampshire Republican elected officials to get the presidential candidates to boycott the Nevada caucuses. He seemed only vaguely aware of it.
"I wish they didn’t worry too much about this. But it is very important to the states," he said. "I think the states should make their decisions, and we have to make our decisions."
I explained why New Hampshire Republicans wanted the boycott.
"See, I don’t follow that part of the politics as closely as some others do. I don’t understand the difference between a seven-day interim and a four-day interim."
New Hampshire's state law requires seven days, i said.
"Well, I’m for obeying the law," he said.
But he wouldn't get behind the boycott.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 30
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 6
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans