AHL: Sharks rally to top Monarchs, 4-2
The Manchester Monarchs squandered a second-period lead and were unable to battle back from three unanswered goals that gave the Worcester Sharks the 4-2 home victory on Saturday night at the DCU Center in Worcester, Mass.
Jake Muzzin's power play goal at 7:04 in the second gave Manchester (3-5) a 2-1 lead but Worcester's Mike Connolly scored two of the next three Sharks goals to ensure victory.
Cam Paddock scored the other Monarchs goal on assists from David Kolomatis and Ray Kaunisto. Andrei Loktionov and Patrick Mullen assisted on Muzzin's goal, his third of the season.
Jeff Zatkoff took the loss in net but made 31 saves. Harri Sateri stopped 25 shots for Worcester (3-0).
Right winger Jordan Nolan logged 15 penalty minutes after being hit with an elbowing major and game misconduct, but Worcester was unable to capitalize on the advantage.
Nathan Moon and Matt Irwin scored the other two goals for the Sharks. Irwin scored the game-winner at 8:05 in the third on a power play.
Manchester was outshot 35-27.
The Monarchs return home for a game against the Springfield Falcons on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840