Bachmann files by mail for presidential primary
CONCORD - Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann has filed by mail to be a candidate in the New Hampshire Presidential Primary.
Her one-page declaration of candidacy arrived at Secretary of State William Gardner's office early Wednesday.
Bachmann late last week lost her five-person New Hampshire campaign staff in an internal dispute. She has focused on winning the Iowa caucus.
Bachmann's candidacy soared after a nationally televised debate in June, but fell sharply during the summer.
After months of absence from the state, Bachmann returned in early October telling a small group of Tea Party supporters, "I want to be your sweetheart here in New Hampshire."
The filing period for primary candidates closes Friday.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax