Zatkoff's 46 saves backstop Monarchs win
WORCESTER, Mass. - Six different Monarchs tallied a point each as the Monarchs landed a 2-1 road victory over the Worcester Sharks.
Justin Azevedo and Slava Voynov tallied the goals, while Linden Vey, Richard Clune, Dwight King, and Marc-Andre Cliche picked up the assists for Manchester (7-9-0).
Jeff Zatkoff picked up the win in net, making 46 saves. Zatkoff allowed a goal to Worcester’s Tommy Wingels in the first to give the Sharks the 1-0 lead before the Monarcha fought back with goals in the second and third periods.
Tyson Sexsmith stopped 23 shots for Worcester (5-3-0).
The two teams play again on Friday in Manchester at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
- Communication director appointed for Manchester Diocese - 0
- 'Everything flows' from 1st Amendment - 2
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840