Cain to do Union Leader interview
Herman Cain will sit for an hourlong taped interview with the New Hampshire Union Leader, Publisher and President Joseph W. McQuaid announced on Twitter on Monday.
McQuaid wrote: “Who says Herman Cain doesn't do interviews? He's coming to Union Leader next week for an hour. C-SPAN to tape.”
Just last week, Cain backed out of a Union Leader interview because the paper insisted on a 60-minute interview, as opposed to the 20-minute, camera-free conversation Cain hoped for. The newspaper blistered Cain in a Monday missive titled, “Recording Cain: What's he afraid of?”
McQuaid said Cain's spokesman “called me up this morning and wondered if they could come in one day next week for an hourlong interview and have C-SPAN there.”
Asked why he thought Cain reversed himself, McQuaid said: “Being a non-news guy that I am, I didn't inquire. They want to come in, great. Let them come in.”
McQuaid also clarifies that the Union Leader's original demand was only that the interview be 60 minutes long, not that it also be on camera. Though other candidates have appeared before the Union Leader on C-SPAN.
John DiStaso's Granite Status
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 24
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off