Monarchs lose to Senators
The Binghamton Senators snapped the Manchester Monarchs’ six-game winning streak with a 4-1 win Friday night in Binghamton, N.Y.
Manchester (12-10-1) will host Providence Saturday at 7 p.m. at Verizon Wireless Arena. Worcester visits the Monarchs Sunday at 3 p.m. to close the weekend.
The Monarchs fell behind 3-0 in the first half of the first period and were not able to recover against the defending Calder Cup champions.
Binghamton eliminated Manchester in the first round of the playoffs last season.
Andre Petersson made it 1-0 Binghamton (8-12-2) 1:46 into the game, beating Jeff Zatkoff between the pads.
Mike Hoffman made it 2-0 at 8:36 with a power-play goal. Hoffman split two Manchester defensemen and walked in to snap a wrist shot past Zatkoff.
Mike Bartlett tipped a Josh Godfrey shot past Zatkoff for another power-play tally at 10:55 for the 3-0 lead.
Patrick Mullen got Manchester on the board with 56 seconds remaining in the first, knocking home a rebound chance off a Brandon Kozun shot that was saved by Robin Lehner.
After a scoreless second period, Binghamton added an insurance goal from Eric Gryba into an empty net at 18:37 of the third period to close out the game.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 21
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 8
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840