Home » Opinion » Editorials
Like father, like son: Shades of gray still linger
Longtime readers may recognize the cartoon published here as the work of Bob Murphy, whose talents helped fill these pages for many years.
But we didn’t have to call “Murph” out of his Florida retirement to come up with this graphic jab at Mitt Romney’s flip-flopping.
The Gov. Romney who can’t hew to a straight course in this cartoon is actually Mitt’s father, George, who ran and lost in the 1968 New Hampshire Presidential Primary. (A tipoff: the Old Man of the Mountain in the background.)
We were reminded of the cartoon last week while watching Fox News host Brett Baier trying to pin down the younger Romney on several of his more famous “course corrections.”
Romney denied them all, haughtily telling Baier to get his facts straight.
To which we say: Mush! Mitt! Mush!
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies - 5
- Editorial: Jim Adams The GOP choice in Council Dist. 4 - 0
- NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass. - 13
- Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage? - 5
- Free state garden: Weeding is always good - 30
- August recess: Whither our NH representatives? - 1
- Portsmouth saga: Was this 'Officer Too-Friendly?' - 1
- Armed to the teeth, national media discover Bearcats - 21
- Market Basket fallout: Most innocent bystanders - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS device locates stolen truck in Merrimack - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist