Home » Opinion » Editorials
Like father, like son: Shades of gray still linger
Longtime readers may recognize the cartoon published here as the work of Bob Murphy, whose talents helped fill these pages for many years.
But we didn’t have to call “Murph” out of his Florida retirement to come up with this graphic jab at Mitt Romney’s flip-flopping.
The Gov. Romney who can’t hew to a straight course in this cartoon is actually Mitt’s father, George, who ran and lost in the 1968 New Hampshire Presidential Primary. (A tipoff: the Old Man of the Mountain in the background.)
We were reminded of the cartoon last week while watching Fox News host Brett Baier trying to pin down the younger Romney on several of his more famous “course corrections.”
Romney denied them all, haughtily telling Baier to get his facts straight.
To which we say: Mush! Mitt! Mush!
READER COMMENTS: 7
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 5
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire