Home » Opinion » Editorials
Like father, like son: Shades of gray still linger
Longtime readers may recognize the cartoon published here as the work of Bob Murphy, whose talents helped fill these pages for many years.
But we didn’t have to call “Murph” out of his Florida retirement to come up with this graphic jab at Mitt Romney’s flip-flopping.
The Gov. Romney who can’t hew to a straight course in this cartoon is actually Mitt’s father, George, who ran and lost in the 1968 New Hampshire Presidential Primary. (A tipoff: the Old Man of the Mountain in the background.)
We were reminded of the cartoon last week while watching Fox News host Brett Baier trying to pin down the younger Romney on several of his more famous “course corrections.”
Romney denied them all, haughtily telling Baier to get his facts straight.
To which we say: Mush! Mitt! Mush!
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
- The blues for candidates: The ones not named Brown, that is - 0
- Gas tax hike or else? Is this New Jersey, Sen. Rausch? - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: North beats Memorial, advances in hockey tourney - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Campbell, Bergeon roll into quarterfinals - 0
- Rask stops 16 shots as B's blank Caps - 0
- Several union deals on Windham ballots - 0
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 0
- Londonderry set to vote on school repairs - 0
- Danville police chief's challenger says department in dire shape - 0
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council