Home » Opinion » Editorials
Like father, like son: Shades of gray still linger
Longtime readers may recognize the cartoon published here as the work of Bob Murphy, whose talents helped fill these pages for many years.
But we didn’t have to call “Murph” out of his Florida retirement to come up with this graphic jab at Mitt Romney’s flip-flopping.
The Gov. Romney who can’t hew to a straight course in this cartoon is actually Mitt’s father, George, who ran and lost in the 1968 New Hampshire Presidential Primary. (A tipoff: the Old Man of the Mountain in the background.)
We were reminded of the cartoon last week while watching Fox News host Brett Baier trying to pin down the younger Romney on several of his more famous “course corrections.”
Romney denied them all, haughtily telling Baier to get his facts straight.
To which we say: Mush! Mitt! Mush!
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 26
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 8
- What Bartlett left: A Founding Father mostly forgotten - 1
- Hang Havenstein! He once quoted the President - 4
- Obama's priority: Raising money - 36
- Hey, bear: That ain't Fozzie - 0
- Obama's debt: His real legacy is coming - 15
- Paying for Medicaid: How will NH do it? - 42
- Into the woods: With knowledge and tools - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law