Lawmakers mourn Rep. Sean Cox
New Hampshire lawmakers extend their condolences to the family of state Rep. Sean Cox, 40, a Republican from Andover who died Saturday night. Details surrounding his death are not known.
House Majority Leader D. J. Bettencourt today said he is “shocked and deeply saddened” by the freshman legislator's death.
“Like all who worked with and came to know him, I admired and respected his intelligence, dedication and sincerity,” Bettencourt said in a statement
“I will miss him as a friend who was always quick to offer advice and words of encouragement. New Hampshire will miss him as a public servant and his constituents have lost an outstanding advocate,” he added.
Bettencourt said “there were certainly no health issues that I was aware of and that is a big part of the surprise.” He described Cox as a father who was a “very active” and “very energetic” legislator.
House Speaker Bill O'Brien contacted Cox's wife who confirmed he had died Saturday night, Bettencourt said.
Cox represented District 6 in the New Hampshire House of Representatives. He sat on the Science, Technology and Energy Committee.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suit: Claremont's North Country Smokehouse claims $606,011 spent on diamond, SUV, more - 9
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Nashua aviation company looks for danger on ground - 0
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall on display - 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Search continues for gadabout steer in Epping - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641