Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Merrimack woman with gun thwarts home invasion
MERRIMACK — A would-be robber was confronted by a homeowner with a handgun on Monday morning during an attempted home invasion in the center of town.
Police have released a composite sketch of the intruder, who quickly fled the residence following the confrontation.
Around 9:30 a.m. on Monday, the male intruder kicked open a locked apartment door at 429 Daniel Webster Highway, Unit 3 of a multifamily home. A female resident was awakened and retrieved a handgun that was kept nearby, according to police.
“In the seconds following the initial forced entry, the intruder made his way to the victim’s bedroom door and was confronted by the female who warned the intruder by pointing the weapon at him and demanding he leave immediately,” Det. Scott Park said in a release, adding the robber fled on foot.
According to police, the intruder was apparently looking for someone, and had knocked on several other doors in the apartment building before kicking in the door to Unit 3.
A neighbor told police that the man appeared to have been outside for a while because he was “kind of messy in appearance,” says the release.
The female resident, along with another tenant of the apartment, provided authorities with a description of the intruder He is believed to be a male Caucasian between the ages of 25 and 35 with a medium build and medium height. Witnesses believe he has brown eyes and weighs between 175 and 200 pounds.
“The person involved is not as clean cut as the sketch shows,” stressed police.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about the incident, or anyone who may have been passing by the gray apartment building around the time of the crime to call police at 424-2424 or 424-3774.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483