Pirates' Arsene suspended for illegal hit on Monarchs' Czarnik
Manchester Monarchs center Robbie Czarnik lands on the ice after being hit by Portland Pirates defenseman Dean Arsene (29) in the third period of Sunday's game at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester. Czarnik was taken off on a stretcher and Arsene was ejected from the game. Arsene on Tuesday received a four-game suspension for the hit.
The American Hockey League has suspended Portland Pirates defenseman Dean Arsene four games for his hit on Manchester Monarchs forward Robbie Czarnik during Sunday afternoon's game, the league announced Tuesday.
A press release from the Monarchs said, "Arsene has been suspended as a consequence of an illegal check to the head."
Czarnik, who was taken to the hospital following the hit, and released Sunday night, is sidelined for at least a week as his condition is monitored.
In 25 games this season, Czarnik, a rookie, has five goals and 14 assists for 19 points.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
- Keene State professor eager to explore plant’s mysteries - 0
- Windham to reconsider dodgeball ban - 0
- Hooksett students taken to nearby school after gas leak - 0
- Londonderry students who haven't had whooping cough vaccine asked to stay home - 0
- Pinkerton Academy grads told they are 'a promising generation' - 1
- Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith - 0
- Nashua South grads told to embrace lessons from challenges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 26
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840