Monarchs rally to top Bears, 5-4
The streak is over.
Following a seven-game winless streak that saw the Manchester Monarchs still looking for their first win in 2012, the team used two third period goals to win 5-4 over the Hershey Bears at the Giant Center on Saturday night.
Monarchs captain Marc-Andre Cliche netted the game-winner at 17:56 after Manchester allowed the Bears to tie it up on a Jacob Micflikier power play goal three minutes before.
Linden Vey, Cam Paddock, Justin Azevedo, and Jordan Nolan also scored, while Paddock and Nolan each picked up an assist as well. Jake Muzzin also had two points on a pair of assists.
Martin Jones was in net for the full 60 minutes, stopping 31 of the 35 shots Hershey (24-10-4) fired at him.
The win for the Monarchs came at a good time, as they now sit at 22-19-0 and have their sights set on making a return to the top of the Atlantic Division.
Manchester was held scoreless on the power play yet again, while Hershey connected on one of its three chances.
Mickflikier had two goals for Hershey, while Chris Bourque had three assists.
Dany Sabourin made 33 saves for the Bears.
The two teams play again at 5 p.m. in Hershey.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 14
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 29
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 4
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
- The EPA's friend: It has a loyal ally in Shea-Porter - 16
- Leading vs. following: Ayotte, Shaheen and the polls - 24
- The cupcake police: Stop! In the name of lard! - 15
- Page One Editorial: Obama is right - 27
- Taxed tips: Another NH revenue grab - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
- Firefighters say casino revenue needed for 'public safety' - 7
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 13
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840