Monarchs top Bridgeport, 3-2
Justin Azevedo scored the game-winner 24 seconds into the third period in the Manchester Monarchs 3-2 road win over Bridgeport Saturday night.
Azevedo entered the zone, briefly lost the puck in a defender’s skate before recovering to score, putting the Monarchs ahead by two goals early in the final period. It was his 10th goal of the season. The Sound Tigers made it a one-goal game with 6:48 remaining, but couldn’t collect the equalizer.
The victory improved to 27-20-0-2, snapping the Sound Tigers 12-game point streak. Bridgeport dropped to 23-18-13-2.
Marc-Andre Cliche put back a rebound on a power play goal to score the Monarchs first goal 5:47 into the game. After the Sound Tigers tied the game, Manchester pulled back ahead when Linden Vey snapped a shot from the right circle off an assist from Jordan Nolan with 3:03 left in the second period.
The Monarchs managed 29 shots in the victory. Goalie Martin Jones made 18 saves to help preserve the win.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
- Sullinger has figured out NBA schedule maker - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840