May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
NH men among those arrested in 5-state burglary ring
PUTNEY, Vt. — Some 100 recent burglaries in New England and Virginia have been traced to seven people, authorities from Vermont and New Hampshire announced Monday.
Police told WCAX-TV in Burlington that the burglaries took place in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts and Virginia.
Six are in custody, and police said the burglaries had similar characteristics.
“What really bought us all together were those connections. That they were all typically commercial industrial places, there were similar types of things stolen, similar times of day,” said Vermont State Police Lt. Rick Hopkins.
His remarks were published on a WCAX news story that was posted on Vermont State Police Facebook page.
Police said the case started to crack when Lance Thomas and Christopher Goldschmidt, both 18, were caught breaking into a steak house in Westmoreland, N.H.
Since then, four other suspects--Criscenzo Ruggerio, Travis Noyes, Cody Loewe, and Dillion Lange have also been arrested in connection with the burglary spree.
The burglaries took place over the past year. Police say cash, and in some case guns, were taken from the businesses. The total amount stolen is still being tallied.
Police say a seventh suspect is still on the loose, 21-year-old Logan Critchfield of Walpole, N.H.
“There is always great teamwork, but this is just an exemplary example of how teamwork came together and ultimately helped all the victims in these cases,” said New Hampshire State Police detective Sgt. Joe DiRusso.
All of the six suspects will be arraigned in Vermont Superior Court on March 13. They face a variety of charges including burglary and unlawful mischief.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 5
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424