May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Sleeping driver faces charges of DWI, possession of drugs
Police responded shortly after 3 a.m. Friday to a report of a vehicle stopped in the middle of the intersection at Valley and Beech streets, and found the driver slumped over the wheel.
After waking Honore Hakizimana, 21, of 235 Cameron St., police determined he was under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and he was arrested on a charge of Driving While Impaired by liquor or drugs.
Police said Hakizimana struggled with the officers while he was being handcuffed, and after his arrest he was found to be in possession of a baggy of suspected marijuana, plus an additional four individually wrapped baggies of suspected marijuana.
Hakizimana could enter no plea later Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony charge of possession of a controlled drug with intent to sell, so a probable cause hearing was set for Feb. 27.
He pleaded innocent to charges of DWI and resisting arrest and trial was set for April 30. Bail was set at $5,000 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424