Home » News » Public Safety
Fire displaces six families; one resident hospitalized
Manchester firefighters battle a blaze at Wilson and Spruce Streets on Saturday afternoon. (Michael Cousineau/Sunday News)
MANCHESTER — A man suffered chest pains and needed to be hospitalized when he returned to his apartment to retrieve items after a fire Saturday afternoon.
The man, whose name wasn't released, was taken to Elliot Hospital, according to District Fire Chief Mike Gamache.
The two-alarm fire displaced six families, or an estimated 25 people, from the apartment building at 353 Spruce St., at the corner of Wilson Street, he said.
One man escaped with his three kids and a dog from the burning three-story building just before 1 p.m. He later learned his three cats and two turtles were found alive.
The building houses Ande's Buy & Sell Everything Outlet and two other stores on the first floor.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten