Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Port City man charged with assaulting his mom in front of his daughter
PORTSMOUTH — A local man who appears to have been living in an office suite with his 8-year-old daughter is being held at the Rockingham County Jail, charged with assaulting his mother in front of the girl.
Isaac Brake, 38, was arrested around 8:43 a.m. Tuesday at 1950 Lafayette Road after police responded to the Heyland Development for a report of a domestic assault.
Sgt. Christopher Roth said upon their arrival they talked to Brake's mother who said she had been assaulted by her son a few moments earlier, and showed evidence of such.
A brief struggle ensued when police tried to arrest Brake. Two officers used Tasers because he struggled so much, Roth said.
No one was injured as a result of the struggle, he said.
Roth said the mother had come to the building at the request of her son to pick up her granddaughter and at some point an argument ensued.
He said he did not know what Brake and his mother argued about, but police allege at one point Brake pushed his mother out a door into a hallway and slammed the door, locking himself in.
Roth said Brake's daughter was in the suite during the incident. He said it was apparent that Brake and his daughter may have been living in the office space.
“He leased an office space there under the guise of running the business. Whether that business is defunct or not, I have no idea, but there does not appear to be any business running out of there,” Roth said.
He said Brake was also having issues with his ability to pay his lease on the office space.
The 8-year-old is currently with her grandmother. Roth said police had no information about the girl's mother.
Brake was arraigned Tuesday and is facing five counts of simple assault alleging his mother is the victim and a sixth alleging he assaulted Roth. He has also been charged with resisting arrest.
He is being held on $5,000 cash bail and is scheduled to appear in court in April.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 42
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 3
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424